Wednesday, April 9, 2008

springing spring

spring is springing, you can tell by the spilled bubble solution on my front porch. we replaced all the storm windows with screens on sunday, so yay, fresh air and the kitty is busy planning his escape lucky for me he's not as fast as he use to be, but still faster, i think, than a 14 year old cat should be. i was also able to hang clothes on the line, one of my favorite chores, its one of those mindless kind of tasks. i like to think about the first woman that used this clothes line when the house was built (1957) i imagine she probably didnt like hanging out clothes as much as i do since she than more than likely didnt have a choice. Say praise God for a dryer, even though i love my clothes line i dont want to HAVE to use it.

1 comment:

DailyNewsie said...

I always liked hanging clothes outside, too. In fact, now that we have a balcony, I can't wait to get one of those little wooden clothes racks to put out there. I'm sure the neighbors have better things to do than look at our clothes, but whatever. :)