Monday, October 6, 2008

out with the old...


heres the old. three and a half years ago shortly before  The Boy was born i was working at Pier 1 and i tied a wicker sales contest with 2 other ladies (one of which is now my good friend Marci, love ya lady!) and they both bowed out of the contest so i could win this rocker for my baby's room i selected the leafy chair pad to match the jungle baby theme. after i stopped rocking day and night my old kitty, rest his little kitty soul, took posession of the chair. consequently the cushion took a little bit of a beating and was in need of a makeover. same for the ottoman which had not been recovered in YEARS.
heres the "new". i was so pumped about this fabric! its reversable, and it cost me a whopping five bucks! it was a clearance curtain panel at big lots. raise your hand if you love big lots! and the bonus... i have enough to make a pillow for the sofa!!!

and this time, its a slipcover on the chair pad.



this is post #90 for all you in giveaway anticipation land.=)

10 comments:

Momma-in-law said...

How great it is to have such talented daughter-in-laws! Ken and Hal are so very lucky!

Kelly said...

I love it. It is always nice to give something "old" new life.

Ms. Math said...

Beautiful fabric! I love what you did! I've never been to a Big Lots - perhaps I will have to check it out.

diana said...

if money gets really tight you could take in sewing.

Amanda said...

You did a great job on those rehabs!!!! I love the wicker rocker...if it ever needs a new home I know where it can go! ;)

A giveaway eh? I'm listening...

Marci said...

What great fabric! Love love love it, better than anything Pier 1 might conjure up. Good to see the chair is still in use and looking fabo!

Kelly said...

I tagged you over on my blog. Have a look.
:)

Heather said...

Oh, that fabric is fabulous!!

Tricia said...

Beautiful!

Leslie said...

Okay....you've got to do my dining room chairs next...seriously...I'll pay you...or babysit...or whatever! Okay, not dust, but almost anything else :D