Thursday, November 20, 2008

im a baby


im always given a little bit of insight on the way God has to deal with us when i have to deal with The Boy (age 3)
he says he wants something (ie. water) and when he gets it looks at it, looks at me and bursts into tears because its not in the doggie cup. its not what he expected it to be.
thinks that when i say we will go to the library, it means get your hat and coat fusses and pouts until distracted by the cat. just because i said we will doesnt mean we are going RIGHT NOW.
pretends to be busy doing something of equal importance (in his mind) when told to take his shoes to his room . is disobedient while trying to justify disobedience.
and the list goes on and on with the childish things related to me, the baby and God, the loving parent.
im such a baby.

i also want to say thanks to all of you who blessed mom with a happy birthday wish, and for the record Grandma (who was in the hospital, see comments for happy birthday post) is doing fine.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Collin is the SAME way.
I like your insight though. Maybe this will help in the future dealing with the little guy. Bc I know that how I handle situations with him sometimes are not how I would like someone to handle a similar situation with me. (or him even) And it is definitely not how God handles us.
Whomever said parenting was easy, must have not had children.
Lesson learned. Thanks!!!
Looking forward to next weekend. ;)

DailyNewsie said...

I don't know if you know this, but that saying is inscribed on my mother's headstone. I have that same magnet on my fridge. :)

Marci said...

If only God was able to reason with us face to face like we can with our children. Luckily he finds his ways and makes his point clear when he needs to!